Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Seven Days Until Whisper Paperback Release

The countdown begins! A Whisper to a Scream will be released in paperback next Wednesday, June 22.


Here is the new cover.




Amanda Kelsey at Razzle Dazzle Designs did a great job of conveying the emotions of both Sarah and Annie, didn't she?


The Bibliophiles

I have always been interested in people’s backstories. How did they get to where they are today? What ramifications does the past have on the present?

So I decided to bring a group of people together, bound only by their love of classic literature, and see what transpired.

The result is The Bibliophiles Series, which begins with A Whisper to a Scream, the story of Sarah Anderson, a stay-at-home mother of two, and Annie Jacobs, a PR executive dealing with fertility issues, and continues with each novel devoted to one or two of the Classics Book Club members, including their fearless leader, Edwina Hipplewhite.

You can meet the Bibliophiles on their page on my new, updated and redesigned website at www.karenberner.com. There is also an excerpt from my WIP, How Long 'Til My Soul Gets It Right?, which is scheduled for a late fall/early winter release, just in time for the Christmas shopping season.

Up Next: Flash Fiction Fridays


8 comments:

Jennifer O. said...

Congrats on your paperback release. Wondering if the title has anything do do with the Icicle Works song. I love the idea of writing about different members of a book club.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

You hit it right on the nose, Jennifer. I have loved that song since it came out (yes, I am that old) and was taking a walk around the neighborhood trying to figure out what the title should be when the song came into my head. It was perfect. :)

Stacy said...

I love this cover! Very clean, yet intriguing.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Thanks so much, Stacy. I appreciate you stopping by.

R. Doug Wicker said...

Best of luck on paperback sales, Karen. I usually wish new authors the hope that they sell a digital ton. Seeing as this is a more traditional format, let me just say that I hope you kill at least an acre of trees (replantable, of course). ;o)

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Thanks a lot, R. Doug. :)

Kae said...

Great cover. This should do well to create interest in a good book.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

I hope so, Kae. Thanks much.