Thursday, August 18, 2011

Appreciated Follower Award

A lovely surprise came my way yesterday when Fiona J. Phillips, playwright and future novelist, presented me with an Appreciated Follower Award. She writes a great blog, Fi's Magical Writing Haven, which provides wonderful pieces of inspiration for writers. I particularly enjoy when she posts five or so photos and challenges us to write a story about them. Usually, they are lovely shots from the U.K., which satisfy both my writer curiosity and my rampant Anglophilia. Thanks, Fi.



The rules of the award are as follows.
  1. Thank the giver, and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
  2. Reveal your top five picks, and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
  4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
  5. And most of all, have bloggity-blog fun.
The Appreciated Follower Award provides an opportunity for me to tell all Bibliophilic Blather readers how grateful I am that you have joined me here and how much I appreciate our conversations. You all rock, of course, but here are the five people who stop by and comment most often.

Thank you, top five, and everyone who stops by.


Greetings, SheWrites Blog Hoppers

Welcome to anyone who is visiting from the SheWrites Blog Hop. Glad you have stopped by, and I am looking forward to checking out your sites.

For those of you who don't know, SheWrites is an online organization for women writers. The Blog Hop helps members get to know each other and discover new blogs.



14 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

Thank you, Karen! Very sweet of you! And I'm glad you got this award. You deserve it. You're always so good about commenting on my blog.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Your blog has a lot of great conversation, Kelly. It's a great read.

R. Doug Wicker said...

Wow. An award. An award for something I very much enjoy doing anyway—reading and occasionally commenting upon your wonderfully written blog entries.

That's what I call hitting the lottery.

Many, many thanks for the recognition, and for the great reading pleasure you supply.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

You are the best, R. Doug.

Shelley Workinger said...

What a great idea; you really can't tell people enough how much you appreciate them :)

Carol Apple said...

Hello Karen. Visiting from the She Writes Blog Hop and so glad to get to know you through your blog and website. Your group of classic lit lovers sounds right down my alley and your novel sounds intriguing. I will put it on my list! By the way, yes I constantly wonder about the stories going on behind those closed doors I pass as I take my after dinner walk. I am most interested in the way the public image always turns out to be so much different from the reality.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Thanks for stopping by, Shelley. You are very right!

Carol, thanks for your interest in Whisper. :)

Beverly Diehl said...

hi Karen, thank you so much! I always like stopping by and visiting, and so appreciate when you visit Writing in Flow, as well.

Mwah! Mwah!

Sheri L. Swift said...

Stopping by to say hello on the Blogger Ball! ; )

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

My pleasure, Beverly.

Shelley, thanks for visiting.

Cristina F. Connors said...

Hi Karen: Visiting from the she writes bloggers ball. I love the idea of your novel about 2 women, childbearing and thinking the grass is always greener. I think it could resonate with a lot of women, including myself and look forward to getting it to read.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Thanks, Cristina. I appreciate you stopping by.

Kelley said...

Nice to meet you! I look forward to reading more of your work!

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Thanks, Kelley. Likewise.