Wednesday, October 12, 2011

You Want In?

Fossil that I am, you know it has taken me awhile to get into Twitter. Well, I am discovering great things on it every day, one of which I want to share with you.

“Adopt an Indie” month will start in November, the brainchild of Donna Brown at Book Bags and Cat Naps. She has organized an event to bring authors, readers and book bloggers together to dispel the myth that the only good books come from traditional publishing companies. There are plenty of great indie novels out there. It is not just the Big Six anymore.


Readers will be able to read and review one book from the available selection, to “adopt” that indie, then have the chance to ask them questions about their work.

There also will be live chats and Q & A sessions. Bloggers will be sharing their perspectives on the changing book market, as well as posting novel excerpts.

Sounds fun, doesn’t it?

I have signed Bibliophilic Blather up as one of the “Adopt an Indie” blogs and will be contributing a guest post, as well as sharing updates throughout the month on the various events.


If you would like to join us, click here. If you are a reader, check out the list of more than 100 novels to try. If you are a blogger, sign up to get in on the action. Either way, it will be great fun.

5 comments:

Fatima said...

Wow, I'd love to be part of that. It sounds like a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Absolutely, Fatima. Hope you join in the fun. Thanks for the comment.

Leah Griffith said...

I'm not sure what this all means Karen but I will certainly be living vicariously through your blog.
I have just posted my 100th post on my blog site and I'm trying to think of something fun to do. I've never done anything out of the ordinary because I'm so limited with my knowledge of how.
This sounds interesting so I will be watching via Bibliophilic Blather!

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Congratulations, Leah. Stay tuned in November for my guest blog on indie publishing.

Helen Smith said...

Nice idea - I look forward to your updates.