Miscellany

Mondays following long weekends are the worst, aren't they? After Thanksgiving and putting up the Christmas decorations (which look lovely, if I do say so myself), we have a few things to discuss today, nothing too taxing as we drag our sorry behinds back to work. Besides, it's Cyber Monday, and I know you want to get to your online shopping.




First, I know I am probably a total dork, but I am pretty excited to announce I have my own hashtag. That's right, Twitter lovers, A Whisper to a Scream (The Bibliophiles: Book One) has its own moniker, #Bibliophiles1. The really cool thing is that I can add a new one each time one of the Bibliophiles novels is released. For example, Catherine's book will be #Bibliophiles2 when it comes out in the spring of 2012. 




Second, I am conceptualizing the schedule for next year's Flash Fiction Fridays. Do you think we should stay with the monthly themes or go open prompt for most of the year? I do enjoy the February romance and October horror months, so I think those will stay. I also like the increased word count and would like to keep it at 1,000 words or less. What do you think?




Third, amazon has added a "pick your delivery date" mode for gifting e-books. Isn't that great news? What a wonderful holiday surprise an e-book would make! Actually, paperbacks are lovely presents as well, not that I am biased or anything. I buy books for everyone, even for those who hate to read.

Please let me know your opinion on Flash Fiction Fridays.

Let's get shopping.


Comments

Liminal Fiction said…
Great idea to create your own hashtag! Re FFF, I like your idea of keeping some of the monthly themes and alternating them with open prompts. You've had some very high quality stories this year! By the way, best of luck with Hanie until Cutler comes back. I have a new respect for Cutler this year, he's been great.
Just when I started to like Cutler and not cringe every time he throws a pass, this happens. Oh well, back to cringing.

Thanks for your comments.
pauldail.com said…
Congrats on your hashtag. Still kind of a Twitter dunce, but I know that's a big deal. And I agree with Liminal. I like the set-up for Friday Flash, and while I'm always impressed with the 250 word stories, I think 1000 is a good length. As a reader, it gives a little more room to sink your teeth into a story, but at the same time, as a writer, it makes you keeps the story tight.

Paul D. Dail
www.pauldail.com- A horror writer's not necessarily horrific blog
I agree, Paul, about the 1,000-word stories. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?