And, I'm Spent

Whew! My WOW! Women on Writing blog tour is officially over. It was a great experience, and I was able to do many things I have not done before, like my first podcast interview, but, I have to confess something. I'm tired.

Writing twelve+ original articles, doing interviews and commenting on everyone's blogs, all while getting ready for the holidays, has left me a bit drained. I mean, after all, being that amusing and witty takes a lot out of a lady.



Most of the time, my life is write, do laundry, write more, edit, make dinner, repeat. Not do a phone interview, write multiple articles, and make an appearance at a book club meeting. Oh, hey, did I tell you that? Last week was my first book club appearance at an Irish pub down the street. It went well, and I had a lovely time. Even got a black and tan out of it, so it was all good.

However, there is no rest for the wicked. I am writing my posterior off, finishing the second book in the Bibliophiles series for a spring release. It is going really well. Stay tuned for more details.

So, what are you working on this month? Any new release news you would like to share?

Comments

Leah Griffith said…
Karen, you're a machine! I'm still dragging my tail, trying to organize my time better. I usually write for three hours first thing in the morning and then move on to everything else, but with the holidays, and the front work left to do for Cosette's Tribe, I've gotten all mixed up. I think I need to go back to writing for three hours and then let everything fall in behind that. Maybe that will help me to find my rhythm again.
Janel said…
Congrats on completing the blog tour/holiday marathon! You deserve a nap or two or twenty...maybe a nice, hot bubble bath with some champagne!
angel011 said…
Congrats on completing the blog tour!

My plan is to start working on that non-fiction about cats, so I posted an excerpt on my blog, maybe it finally gets me started.
Jennifer O. said…
Sounds like the good kind of tired! Congratulations on getting through your first blog tour!
Thanks for your comments, ladies.

Leah, I'm sure you will get back into that rhythm. I am still having a hard time after the holidays.

Janel, bubble bath and champagne sounds awesome.

angel011, good luck on your cat project!

Jennifer O., you are right. It is a good tired. :)
R. Doug Wicker said…
Well done, Karen. Now, go get some sleep!

And best of luck on the current book project.
Jodi said…
Um, rest girl! You earned it! My day is serve, write, serve, serve, serve, write, serve, drink coffee, serve, fall down.
LOL, Jodi. I think that is probably the general state of the female. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?