Special Thursday Post





Fellow bloggers Kelly Hashway and Fiona J. Phillips have both passed along "Versatile Blogger" awards, which was a very nice way to get back into the swing of things this week. 

The rules of this award are that I should mention the blogger who gave the award, tell you seven things that you don't know about me and pass on the award to five other bloggers.

So, without further ado, seven things you probably do not know about me.

1. My favorite color is green, but I enjoy watching people's faces when they ask what my favorite color is and I reply "black." It always throws them and makes me chuckle inside. But since black is technically the absence of color, I go with green.
2. I am eagerly anticipating the return of Downton Abbey Sunday on PBS. Whoo Hoo!
3. My guilty pleasure is watching any of "The Real Housewives" franchise, except for Beverly Hills, which is altogether too much for anyone.
4. To get psyched up for work lately, I have been playing Florence + the Machine's "Dog Days are Over." They are my new favorite group.




5. I like to listen to classical music when I write. There was a study done quite a few years back about it opening up brain cells or something like that. Whether it does or not, classical music works for me.

6. I love twilight, not the books or movies with sparkling vampires and buff werewolves, but the time of day when my family comes together to have dinner and share how our days went. 

7. King Lear is my favorite Shakespearean tragedy, and I love a good tragedy.

Okay, enough about me. Here are five blogs deserving of many accolades, including this award.

Comments

Janel said…
I love Florence + The Machine too! Play them on Pandora a lot when I'm writing.

Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it on to me!
angel011 said…
Whee, I got an award! Oh wait, that involves some work. Well, at least I know what I'm going to blog about tomorrow! :D

That was my attempt at humor, thanks for the award!
Karen, Congratulations on your award and thank you so much!! What a nice surprise! That's a pretty funny story about your favorite color :-)
Thank you so much. Sorry, I'm so late. Giddy, giddy, giddy. I love awards. :-)
Leah Griffith said…
Sweet Karen, thank you for the lovely award! I have posted on my blog and paid it forward;)

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?