Monday, February 27, 2012

Wow! What a Weekend!

My journalism career taught me never to use exclamation points, particularly in headlines. They should be reserved only for the most mind-boggling of news. Well, dear readers, this is one of those times.

These past three days have been quite amazing. A Whisper to a Scream (The Bibliophiles: Book One) hit #25 on the Amazon Women's Fiction best seller list,  #51 on the contemporary fiction best seller list, and #6 on the domestic life best seller list. At one point, it was right above Room, a finalist for the Man Booker Prize, which sent the butterflies in my stomach flittering a bit.




Many thanks to all who purchased the book, as well as to Greg over at Ereader News Today, the Holy Grail of advertising. 

BigAl over at BigAl's Books and Pals, the mega-famous book reviewer, ran an interview with me on Saturday, which also clearly helped to keep Whisper on the charts. 

With this lucky confluence of happenings, the book was up there for the entire weekend. It is still in the middle of the Women's Fiction/Domestic Life chart, at #43, as I write, which is just delightful. 


Big News

February has been the largest sales month Whisper has ever had! There I go again with the exclamation point. Please forgive me, journalism gods, but this is a great way to lead into my next novel.

After much deliberation and input from you, dear readers, which was documented in the previous post, In a Quandary, I have decided on a title for Bibliophile Catherine's book. 

It is ((trumpets blare)) Until My Soul Gets It Right




Happy Monday, everyone. May this week be productive and wonderful for us all.



10 comments:

angel011 said...

Congrats, that's great news!

BooksAndPals said...

More like Mega-Infamous. :)

Great to hear Whisper is doing so well though. It deserves it.

Helen Smith said...

Congratulations, Karen.

Janel said...

That is wonderful, exclamation point-worthy news! Congrats!! :-)

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Thanks so much, everyone. I really appreciate your comments.

inluvwithwords said...

Wonderful news, Karen! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

:D that's exciting! Congratulations!

Chelsea

Unpublished Life said...

What fantastic news! Congratulations!! So many exclamation points and so well-used!:)

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com/

Leah Griffith said...

Wow Karen, Congratulations!!!! I'm so pleased and excited for you! Cream always rises to the top darling;)
I love the title of your next book and can't wait to read it. I have a feeling that Catherine and I have some things in common. BTW, when is it being released?

Once again congratulations! You've worked very hard and now it's paying off.
Enjoy the success Karen <3

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Thanks, Leah. "Until My Soul Gets It Right" is scheduled to be released in April.