International Women's Day

Posted by KAREN WOJCIK BERNER





Today, let's celebrate those who have gone before us for their talents, courage and fierce determination. 


Here are some of the women I have admired throughout my life, all of whom made the world a better place. May we strive to do the same. 


Susan B. Anthony, suffragist and women's rights activist




Harriet Beecher Stowe,  author of "Uncle Tom's Cabin."


Jane Austen, the master



Queen Boudicca of the Iceni (more on her story later this month)




Virginia Woolf, writer and incredible mind


Members of the Feminist Movement


To me, International Women's Day is not only about those who have made a huge impact on the world, but also those who make our individual worlds better places. I wish my mom were here today so I could tell her how much her example of kindness, love and strength made an indelible mark upon my soul. 

I leave you with a song, "Shaking the Tree" by Peter Gabriel and Youssou Ndour.
















Comments

Helen Smith said…
That's a lovely post - what a great idea to list the women you admire. I'm looking forward to your future post on Queen Boudicca.
Fi said…
Great post. All the best for IWD.
R. Doug Wicker said…
Y'all have a nice IWD. Certainly good to see this come up so shortly after Mr. Limbaugh's misogynist bit of hate-speech last week.
Janel said…
You listed some of my favorites too. A post on Queen Boudicca? Can't wait!
Kelly Hashway said…
Great post! Happy Women's Day!
Angel Wincent said…

Who can worried u,and who can love u so much,who can support u,and who can encourage u in all worries,who can live for u,she is one and only the best mother and the best women in the world....happy womens day...from..
Womens Day Quotes 2016
Womens Day Images 2016
International womens day
womens day wishes 2016
Womens Day date 2016
womens day picture messages
womens day events 2016
kerala psc notifications

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?