Monday, May 21, 2012

Are You a Bibliophile?


As you probably know, my series, The Bibliophiles, is about the members of an American suburban classics book club. Each novel spotlights one or two Bibliophiles and tells the story of their lives up until joining.

For example, A Whisper to a Scream is about Sarah, an overwhelmed, stay-at-home mom, and Annie, a P.R. executive dealing with fertility issues. Until My Soul Gets It Right follows Catherine Elbert as she bounces from coast to coast in search of her true self.

They might be completely different people, but all of the characters share a love of reading and discussing the classics.

Do you have what it takes to join Edwina Hipplewhite and her Bibliophiles for their monthly meetings?

Take this quick quiz and find out.

1. Whenever you walk into a bookstore you…

  • head straight for the fiction stacks?
  • get sidetracked by the magazines?
  • I don’t go to bookstores.

2. On your bookshelves, whether they are physical or on your e-reader device, are there…

  • so many books, you can’t help yourself?
  • games?
  • Bookshelves? I thought those things in my house were for family photos.

3. When relaxing on the beach, your favorite thing to do is…

  • READ!
  • play beach volleyball and spike it at my sibling’s face?
  • drink beverages with tiny, colorful umbrellas in them while napping intermittently?

4. Do you carry a book or e-reader with you wherever you go?

  • Of course! One never knows when there might be time to read a few pages.
  • Only if I can remember it.
  • Oh, heck no.

5. When you ponder a world without books, which answer is closest to your reaction?

  • What? A world without books? It is unfathomable.
  • Wait, what will all the movies be based on now?
  • Who cares? There is still television.

Scoring

If you answered mostly As, welcome, kindred spirit. The Bibliophiles would greet you with open arms.

If you answered a mixture of As and Bs, you have potential. Just stay away from the readers at the beach.

If you answered all Cs, I guess it doesn’t matter, because you are probably not even reading this blog.

So, how did you do?


15 comments:

Leah Griffith said...

Gee...this might be the first time I got straight A's on anything! LOL!! Yeah, I'm a steadfast bibliophile who can't wait to crack open your second book!

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

YAY, Leah!

Angelina C. Hansen said...

I am a pathological bibliophile. No question.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Awesome, Angelina. Welcome.

Helen Smith said...

Oh yes! A all the way :)

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Whoo Hoo, Helen!

Jennifer O. said...

Ha, there's no question where I was concerned!

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Yeah, Jennifer!

Beverly Diehl said...

Straight A's, all the way. (Okay, I *might* put my book down for some beach volleyball, but I'd pick it up again.)

Kelly Hashway said...

All A's for me!

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Hurray, Beverly and Kelly. I had a sneaking suspicion. ;)

Janel Gradowski said...

Well, I bet you can guess where I stand on this one! :)

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Yeah, I'm thinking you aced it, Janel!

Kris said...

Scored all A's on mine.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

YAY, Kris!