Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks



Thanksgiving is a fantastic holiday, isn’t it? Not only does it revolve around the best meal of the year (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes —yum!), but it gives us a chance to put into perspective the things that matter most.

I’ve been so preoccupied promoting “A Bibliophile Christmas, “ I feel like I have shot right over this important day and headed straight into December.

So, without further ado, here is a list of things I am grateful for in random order, except for the first two.

My son coming home from college this week.
The men in my life: my wonderful husband and sons, and, yes, even my father.
Books.
Indoor plumbing.
Starbucks.
England, actually Scotland as well. Sorry, Wales and Ireland. Haven’t been there yet.
Downton Abbey and Masterpiece Classic.
Music.
Peter Gabriel.
Computers.
Florence + the Machine.
Wine.
Green Day.
Freedom of Speech.
Autumn.
Hot beverages.
Theater.
Electricity.
Prosciutto, Asiago cheese with rosemary, crusty Italian bread, and basil-infused olive oil.
You.

Yes, you, dear readers. Thank you for sharing some time with me week after week. I cherish you all.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends.

*Note: Due to the holiday weekend, Flash Fiction Fridays will return next week with a fine piece of fantasy by M.R. Mathias.







4 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

At school, my daughter did a thankful for assignment and one of the things on her list was electricity. I can't blame her after Hurricane Sandy. LOL

Fashion Event Organizer said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

Deborah said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving, Karen. I went to an American Thanksgiving (in Sussex, UK) last week and it was fab! Very very good pumpkin pie - who knew how wonderful that funny vegetable could be with all the sweet spices?!

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Kelly: Your daugher is one smart cookie!

Fashion Event Organizer: Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm glad you found me!

Deborah: Thank you for your wishes. Glad you could experience an American Thanksgiving.