Monday, September 23, 2013

Who's Ready for a Little Lit Fun?



This Saturday, September 28, I will be participating in the Glen Ellyn Bookfest, a day-long literary festival filled with author events, book signings, and panel discussions.

The event begins at 9:30 a.m. with PitchFest in the Glen Ellyn Public Library, 400 Duane Street. Participants (including myself) will have only sixty seconds to get the audience interested in our novels. I'll be practicing my best "elevator speech" for Until My Soul Gets It Right all week.

Afterward, attendees will be able to meet their favorite authors at the Trade Show from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the library meeting room.

Other activities for the day include a keynote address by Ayana Mathis, author of The Twelve Tribes of Hattie, a panel discussion with Mathis, Bret Nicholas, literary agent Joe Durepos, and author Amy Sue Nathan, and appearances by children's book authors Matthew Cordell and Judith Fradin.

It sounds like a lot of fun. Besides, who doesn't love a day that is all about books, right?

I'll be at the Trade Show, too, so if you are in the Chicagoland area, please stop by and say hello. I'd love to see you!



5 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

Ooh, good luck with your pitch! I'm sure you'll do great.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Thanks much, Kelly!

John Wiswell said...

I'm obviously too far away to participate, but hope you have a great time, Karen. Good luck!

Deborah said...

Hope you had a full-on buzzy time - and that you're tired but happy now!

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Thanks, John and Deborah!