It's Trivia Tuesday on Bibliophilic Blather


I've always loved trivia games. As a kid, I was a game show junkie. The awesome Trivial Pursuit was the official game of the Wojcik household since its origins in the early eighties. Before that, my father used to quiz me on pretty much anything he could think of, stuff like music, state capitals, singers, or U.S. presidents. He'd always preface the question with "For one million dollars…" So, it's only natural that when I brainstormed for new features on Bibliophilic Blather, trivia popped right into my head. I know it's already a meme on Twitter, but it's new to me. I hope you'll join me every Tuesday for questions on a variety of topics, including books (of course), music, movies, sports, history, or anything that strikes my fancy that week.


First up? Love. Since Valentine's Day is Saturday, from which classic lit novels do these declarations of love flow?

1. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you.” 

2. “I ask you to pass through life at my side—to be my second self, and best earthly companion.” 

3. “Well, my dear, take heart. Some day, I will kiss you and you will like it. But not now, so I beg you not to be too impatient.” 


BONUS QUESTION:

“I don't think I could love you so much if you had nothing to complain of and nothing to regret. I don't like people who have never fallen or stumbled. Their virtue is lifeless and of little value. Life hasn't revealed its beauty to them.” 

Scroll down for the answers. How did you do?














Answers


1. Persuasion, by Jane Austen
2. Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
3. Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell

BONUS:  Doctor Zhivago, by Boris Pasternak

Comments

Kelly Hashway said…
I didn't do so well. Lol I've read Jane Eyre but not the other two.
That's okay, Kelly. It's just for fun. Isn't the Persuasion quote amazing? Wow, I'd be bowled over if someone said that to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?