Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday Mishmash


Happy Monday! I'm borrowing an idea from my blogger friend and YA/middle-grade author Kelly Hashway this morning. Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. My thanks to Kelly for this great idea and for the graphic. Feel free to grab it and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind this morning.

1. Trivia Tuesday doesn’t seem to be catching on. That’s okay. Not everything works. Besides, usually I blog on Monday and occasionally Wednesday or Friday, so Tuesday feels strange, off kilter. Consequently, I’m moving Trivia Tuesday to Twitter and my Facebook page and will resume my old blogging schedule. Click here to join me on Twitter or here for Facebook.

2. What are you reading? I’m halfway into Joyce Carol Oates’ Carthage, which has already taken a twist I didn’t expect. She never ceases to amaze me.

3. Can you believe this is the last week of February already? These first months of 2015  have flown by. I seem to have a difficult time writing amid the inevitable organization that comes with the turn of the calendar. The planning and coordination of our family schedules. Assembling everything for taxes. All of the busy work. Once my younger son’s practice schedule for high school lacrosse is sorted out, things will resume their natural flow. As of now, very little writing has been done, and I’m getting jittery.

4. This week, my second blog tour for A Groovy Kind of Love wraps up. I plan on finishing the query letter for my chick lit novel for those who hate pink. Fingers crossed as I start pitching it.

How about you? What are you up to this week?


5 comments:

Chrys Fey said...

I cannot believe that February is almost over, but it is a short month.

I hope you've had a fun and successful blog tour. :))

Kelly Hashway said...

February just flew by. It's been a crazy month.

Lidy Wilks said...

February really is short. Almost wished it was a leap year, so that month can last a bit longer. As for what's on my mind this Monday, I'm reviewing some poetry edits. I just joined the FB BuNoWriMo group. I'm 60 pages away from finish reading How to Blog a Book by Nina Amir. And I've just started putting in a good reading dent in The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

Claudine G. said...

Oh my God! Whar are the odds? I am slightly more than halfway through JCO's Carthage, too! (And I know Cressida sounds like a brat sometimes, but I can relate to her quite well.)

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

@Chrys: Thanks and good luck with your writing.

@Kelly: Definitely.

@Lidy: Best of luck with your poetry edits. I've been wanting to read The Help for years now. Definitely need to put it in my to-read pile.

@ Claudine: That's so funny! Let me know what you think.