Introducing Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0



Posted by KAREN WOJCIK BERNER



Hello!

I’ve missed all of you lovely Bibliophiles.

I’ve been dealing with my father’s declining health and all that entails, including several hospital stays and moving him twice, the second time to a senior care facility where I know he receives excellent care. I have one piece of advice about dealing with aging parents — don’t be an only child! Oy!

Anyhow, I just landed a new freelance assignment that uses AP style guidelines, so I bought a new copy of The Associated Press Stylebook to brush up after years of using the Chicago Manual of Style for the books and fiction in general. The 2016 AP Stylebook is filled with so many updates, my little grammar nerd self can’t resist sharing with you that I am bringing back Editing for Grammarphobes.

Every Wednesday, Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0 will feature a ton a great information on proper usage, homophones, updates, and general word nerd heaven.

I’m not going to cover any specific style items, in case you use Chicago Manual, just handy tips to enhance all of our writing, from daily emails to articles to books. Everyone needs to write, right?

I hope you will join me for the first installment of Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0 on Wednesday, August 31.

See you then,
Karen


Comments

BooksAndPals said…
This sounds great. I think my daughter would agree with you on the only child thing, at least when dealing with her elderly father and hospitals. :)
Mel Parish said…
Looking forward to it. There's always something new to learn!
angel011 said…
It's great to hear that Editing for Grammarphobes will be back, I missed it!
It's a little rough, that's for sure. But on the upside, no squabbling among siblings to deal with, so decision making is more expedient, right? Hope you are feeling well.
Thanks, Mel. You are absolutely right.
Appreciate that, angel011. Hope all is well with you.
Thanks much, Kelly. It feels good to be back.
Thanks in advance for the grammar tips, Karen! So sorry to hear your father hasn't been well. You take good care of yourself first then take care of him, all right?
Thanks for your kind words, Claudine. It's been a heck of a year.

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?