Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Questions?





Every Wednesday, Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0 features handy tips to enhance all of our writing, from daily emails to articles to books. After all, everyone needs to write, right?



Posted by KAREN WOJCIK BERNER

I recently received an email from a writer friend of mine. I thought it could be something you might run into with your own writing, so I'm sharing it here today.

Question



Hi Karen,

I'm really enjoying your Grammarphobe posts, but wondered whether you could help me out in advance with a "W" problem! 

I'm getting mixed opinions on whether it is Wi-Fi, WiFi or wifi. Maybe all three are correct in the right place, but this if for a novel. Can you help?

Many thanks in advance.

Mel 

Mel Parish

Answer



It's Wi-Fi. Always, no matter what you are writing.

Hope that helps.


If you have any questions, drop me an email at karen@karenberner.com. 

Bio


A professional writer/editor for almost 30 years, Karen Wojcik Berner's wide and varied experience includes such topics as grammar, blog content, book reviews, corporate communications, the arts, paint and coatings, real estate, the fire service, writing and literature, research, and publishing. An award-winning journalist, her work has appeared in several magazines, newspapers, and blogs, including the Chicago Tribune, Writer Unboxed, Women's Fiction Writers, Naperville Magazine, and Fresh Fiction. She also is the author of three contemporary women's fiction novels and is a member of the Chicago Writers’ Association. For more information on Karen, please visit www.karenberner.com.




Comments

angel011 said…
Great, I really wasn't sure about that one!
I correct this one a lot for editing clients. Merriam-Webster is my best friend. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?