A Monday Morning Surprise

Posted by KAREN WOJCIK BERNER


Much to my dismay, I was awakened at 4:30 a.m. by a short downpour outside my window. It was like the Supreme Being turned on the faucet and let it run for five minutes. This is not a good sound for a woman of my age. You can guess the correlation.

Once I returned to bed, my mind took off. What was I going to write the blog about? How am I going to get more stories for Flash Fiction Fridays? Is “The Dog Days of Summer” a stupid theme?

It was useless. I got up and made some tea. Might as well get to work.

While checking my e-mail, I came upon a Google Alert for A Whisper to a Scream. Usually these show up a week or so after the fact and almost always are alerts for mentions I have written myself here on Bibliophilic Blather. Whoopee, right?

Not this morning.

It was a review from a site that I did not have to solicit or beg, as the case may be, to review my novel. How wonderful! And the reviewer liked it. All the better!

This lovely little review is on a site called Picks‘n’Passions. Here’s what she wrote.

"This book is for the woman who has experienced infertility issues or the woman who has felt overwhelmed by her role as a Mom. I could personally relate to each of these women because I have experienced both situations. At times I felt those old desperate feelings of wanting a child as Annie suffered countless disappointments, and at times I belly-rolled with laughter at what Sara faced with her children. The author, Karen W. Berner, brings these characters to life so vividly that you can't help to feel a connection with both. This is a great "chic" read and one that you will not regret reading." 

Apparently, the submission came from a great site, Cheap E-Reads, who had featured Whisper as a piggy pick (affordable books for Nook e-readers) a few weeks back. If you have a Nook, please check out Cheap E-Reads. There are many great novels listed there.

Now that is a nice way to start the day.

Comments

David said…
Congratulations Karen. This is a great way to start out your week.
Kelly Hashway said…
That is a nice way to start the day. Congratulations!
R. Doug Wicker said…
That's great news, Karen. I'm very happy for you.
Thanks, David, Kelly and R. Doug. It's been a better Monday than I thought at 4:30 a.m., that is for sure. :)
Jennifer O. said…
That is a great way to start a Monday, sans the downpour. :)
Very true, Jennifer O. Thanks for stopping by.
Congrats Karen. How wonderful. A great way to start the week too.
Liminal Fiction said…
What a great review, congrats, Karen. I'm very excited to read the book when it arrives.

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?