I Have a Dream

Posted by KAREN WOJCIK BERNER


November is "Adopt an Indie" month. I don't know if you remember my post on it a few weeks ago, but Donna Brown over at bookbagsandcatnaps.com has organized this event to bring authors, readers and book bloggers together to dispel the myth that the only good books come from traditional publishing companies. There are plenty of great indie novels out there. It is not just the Big Six anymore.




My guest blog appears here, in which I discuss what I have learned about indie authors during my two years of officially being out on my own.

"Adopt an Indie" month also includes live chats with authors, lots of great guest blogs and prizes.

Please stop by or better yet, support indie authors today by either trying out one of their books or leaving a review if you liked their work.

I have a dream that someday it will not matter who published the book, but what is inside.

Comments

Leah Griffith said…
Karen, I had to go read your guest blog post...admitting that you were a literary snob. LOL!! Me too. That is until I became the reject. I guess I was buying into the elitist lie stating that only mainstream writers who get picked up by an agent/publisher are worthy of my attention.
I agree with you that there are many wonderful writers out there whose work, if it wasn't for self-pub, might never see the light of day. You're a perfect example of this. It's well written and a lovely story.
Now, I love and support indie writers and I can't wait to make own novel available to the readers!
Viva La Revolution!
Thanks for your comments, Leah.

I think the Big Six are shooting themselves in the feet by ignoring "smaller" stories and instead going for the huge blockbuster novel all of the time. Like you said, there are many good stories who heard the same things I did, stuff like "It's a great story. Good relatable characters. I just don't think I can sell it."

In the past, writers who heard that would have to give up. Now, we can get those well-written, viable novels out there and let the public decide.

Welcome to the ranks! :)
Thanks for sharing this, I totally forgot about it. As soon as I leave here, I'm hopping over there. :-) I do think it doesn't matter how it was published, what matters most is what's on the inside.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All