Holiday Wishes

Posted by KAREN WOJCIK BERNER




I have decided not to become all emotional and weepy while writing this post, like I did when I wrote the Bibliophilic Blather anniversary piece a few months ago. Thank goodness Blogger is not Skype.

This is wholeheartedly against type. You see, I am the one who cries at the end of every Christmas movie, be it Ebenezer Scrooge sending a goose to the Cratchit family, Clarence getting his wings, or the entire Peanuts gang yelling “Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!”

This predisposition to “leaking,” as Jim Carrey’s Grinch calls it, is a time-honored trait handed down to me from my mother, who, at around the same age as me, was known to cry at the proverbial drop of a hat. Even at Hallmark commercials.

By the way, have you seen the one with the soldier opening the Peanuts book and hearing his child read for the first time? That one took me awhile to get over.

So, I will simply wish you a very happy holiday season and focus on what I hope for you in the new year.

In 2012, I hope all of you experience the joy of creativity, whether it is a book, blog, painting, song, dance, gardening, fantastic meal, or home-remodeling project.

For the writers, I wish you sales, of course, but even more than that, I hope someone will truly recognize your talent and let you know about it. Good reviews and feedback are the best gifts authors can receive.

For readers, I hope you find a book this year that will blow your mind and expand it in ways you never thought possible.

Thank you, dear ones, for spending time with me. Thank you readers, followers, faithful commenters, lurkers and Flash Fiction Friday contributors. I treasure you all.

Drat. ((grabs a tissue))

See you in the New Year. I am going to take some time off to hang out with my family, so my next post will be on January 4, 2012.

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Janel said…
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Thanks, Janel. Same to you. :)
All the best to you and your family over Christmas!
Liminal Fiction said…
Happy holidays to you and your family too, Karen! Hopefully 2012 will be, like, totally awesome. "See" you next year.
R. Doug Wicker said…
Best wishes to you and your for a fabulous holiday season, and for many more joyous ones to come.
Leah Griffith said…
Dear Sweet Sensitive Karen,
I love that you cry easily and that your heart is as big as the North Pole. Enjoy your family and friends, and know that although we've never met face to face I count you as a real friend (with skin on) LOL!!
With that said, I want to thank you for your encouragement throughout 2011 and pass on great and mighty wishes for you for 2012.
Peace & Blessings,
Leah
Thank you, Richard, R.Doug, Jason and Leah. I am very grateful for you all.
Deborah said…
Happy holidays to you too, Karen. I finally did get that music up there, following your lead!
David M. Brown said…
Happy holidays, Karen! And warm wishes for 2012!

Dave
Donna Brown said…
Happy holidays! I hope 2012 brings you wonderful things!

All the best
Donna
Cleveland said…
All the best for the festive season. Your words said a lot.
Cleveland
Beverly Diehl said…
Happy Holidays back atcha (afraid I'm about to leak in a whole different way soon)!

Sending love & thanks (& included you in a short shout-out piece on the blog, today.)
Happy Holidays to you and yours. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location