Monday Morning Quarterbacking

Posted by KAREN WOJCIK BERNER





Great Super Bowl yesterday, don't you think? I was very glad the NY Giants won, as I have a personal prejudice against Tom Brady for leaving his pregnant girlfriend for a Brazilian supermodel and toward Bill Belichick for his cheating coaching ways.

I was also happy to see Eli Manning come into his own and establish himself as a two-time Super Bowl champion.

And what about the Giants' receivers? Mario Manningham's supreme catch had me delirious with joy. It was nothing short of awesome. And Cruz and Nicks! Great hands, spectacular plays.

Photo courtesy of the New York Times.

What did you think about the half-time show? My kids ask year after year why it is that only "old" people get to perform, like the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen and now Madonna. I do understand their point, because despite trying to infuse the performance with some life by adding Cee Lo Green, LMFAO and the two women who I am not familiar with, it still fell a little flat for me.

Commercials? What was your favorite? I enjoyed the M & Ms party and the Doritos dog and baby who grabs the chips out of his brother's hands. Good fun.

A few too many girls in bikinis for my taste, but, then again, there always are. I was surprised by the David Beckham spot, never expected to see so much of him. Nice tattoos...eh, hem...

What were some of your favorite Super Bowl moments?


Photo courtesy of ABC News Radio blog.

Comments

Leah Griffith said…
Karen, I am an avid Patriots fan. LOL!! I'm stepping away from the keyboard;)
XO

Madonna looks amazing!
Oh, no, Leah! Sorry, then, for your loss. I guess we found the one thing we disagree on. :)
Anonymous said…
This Super Bowl was really interesting, I wasn't really for or against either team but it was a good close game. My favorite commercial was the one with Betty White, for The Voice. I'm partially in love with her. :) I agree about the go daddy commercials. Can't stand those. The best was last year when they panned this woman's body and at the top you found out it was Joan Rivers you were looking at. It was one hilarious spoof, and being in a room full of teenage boys was priceless.
Betty White rocks! You are right, Anonymous, last year's spoof with Joan Rivers was hilarious!
Janel said…
I kept my eye on the commercials, more than the game. My favorite one was the Great Dane burying the cat collar and then bribing the guy.
I loved that one, too, Janel. LOL
R. Doug Wicker said…
I didn't really have a favorite going into the game, but I did enjoy it . . . especially the exciting ending.

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?