Monday Mishmash: Chaos in December



Posted by KAREN WOJCIK BERNER

Happy Monday! I'm borrowing an idea from my blogger friend and YA/middle-grade author Kelly Hashway this morning. Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash.

Here's what's on my mind this morning.

1. Pre-orders. A Groovy Kind of Love is now available for pre-order at Amazon, Smashwords, iTunes, and Kobo. The paperbacks are almost ready as well, but as with all best-laid plans, are taking longer than I ever could have thought possible and I'm trying not to obsess about it. Suffice to say, the vein in my neck is growing larger by the day.

2. Holiday shopping. Down with a nasty cold for the last four days, days on which I was supposed to be out gathering gifts for loved ones, I am no where near done. It's okay, though. I have big hopes for this week.

3. Blog Tours. While I was sick, I was able to start work on Groovy's blog tours that will run from the January 12 release date through February. Should be lots of fun.

4. Writing and Reading. I usually have two places I park my butt while ill: the love seat in the family room where my glossy eyes stare blankly at chick lit movies or my reading chair in the living room when I feel good enough to read. While on said reading chair, I got an idea for a personal essay, so I got to it and wrote several pages. I also read Talli Roland's latest, Marriage to Measure, which was good, but a little stressful as Serenity was pretty much bowled over by her future mother-in-law while planning her wedding.

5. Now the furnace! After the black stack calamity of Thanksgiving, now we probably need a new furnace. I have a person coming today for estimates. Ho. Ho. Ho.

6. Enjoy the chaos. This week, I plan to work, pull together a magnificent holiday out of my proverbial bum, and try to enjoy the chaos!?!

What's on your mind today?


Comments

Kelly Hashway said…
I have to start wrapping gifts tonight. I'm almost finished shopping, but I need to get it completely finished this week. I just have to. All my time has gone to finishing this remodel. *sigh*
Quanie Miller said…
I'm trying to get caught up on several things then I'm hoping to get settled in with a good book. A new furnace??? Yikes! Hope you get a good estimate!
Chrys Fey said…
I do love Kelly's meme.

Congrats on A Groovy Kind of Love, Karen! I wish you much success with it! And I hope your nasty cold goes away soon. Take care! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?