A Love Story for People Who Love Books




Posted by KAREN WOJCIK BERNER

Happy Release Day, everyone!

I’m so excited to share A Groovy Kind of Love with you. Don’t worry if you haven’t read the first two Bibliophiles books. Each is written as a stand-alone, so you won’t be lost if you pick up A Groovy Kind of Love first.

Before I tell you a little about the novel, may I offer you an appetizer? Perhaps a drink?


How about a smoothie? Very apropos considering co-protagonist Spring Pearson's family owns a juice bar famous for them. Or maybe something stronger? It is a party, after all.





And before I forget, all you have to do is write a comment below for a chance to win a Starbucks, Amazon, or Red Mango gift card. Fun fact: A Red Mango frozen yogurt and smoothies store occupies the building that the Pearson's Ambrosia juice bar does in my fictional Naperville. I’m also giving away the first two books in the Bibliophiles series, A Whisper to a Scream and Until My Soul Gets It Right. Just my little thank you for stopping by on this big day.

When I started out back in 2010, I had no idea what I was doing. Fresh from the Amazon Breakthrough Novel contest (A Whisper to a Scream was a quarterfinalist), I figured I’d throw it out as an ebook and see what happened. It was a new era in publishing, and I was eager to be a part of it.

Over the years, I’ve met a lot of great people both through the virtual world and face to face at book fairs, readings, and book club visits. I’ve shared excellent writers on this blog’s Flash Fiction Fridays during Bibliophilic Blather’s first couple of years, discussed my favorite books and authors, and even helped a few people with grammar issues with my old feature, "Editing for Grammarphobes." It’s been a fantastic ride.

This writing thing, it gets into your blood and embeds into your core. I’m very lucky to be able to do what I love every day.

I have a fantastic team that has works with me to publish the Bibliophiles books. A huge thanks to Streetlight Graphics who designs both the paperbacks and ebooks, Red Adept Editing, my beta readers and ARC team. And last, but never least, my husband and sons for their endless support and for putting up with me and my artistic self.

Now to the matter at hand. Drumroll, please.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you A Groovy Kind of Love.


Uptight British lit lover meets a free spirit at a book club and his world is turned upside down! Thaddeus Mumblegarden IV was content with his Brit coms and books until he met free-spirited Spring Pearson at a book club meeting. But will an old college pinkie-swear promise Spring made fifteen years ago get in the way of this bibliophilic romance?

It is available at the following online retailers.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Apple iBookstore
Smashwords
Kobo

Add it to your Goodreads to-read list here.


To celebrate Groovy's release, the first two books in the series, A Whisper to a Scream and Until My Soul Gets It Right are on sale for just 99¢ for the ebooks. The paperbacks are also discounted a bit.

If you could, would you mind sharing it with your friends and spread the word? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks. You’re the best.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, and don't forget to comment for a chance to win the prizes.

Karen xx

P.S. Here's Phil Collins's 1988 remake of the song originally released by The Mindbenders in 1966.




Comments

Leah Griffith said…
I'm so excited for you and for me! I just downloaded, Groovy, and I can't wait to hunker down with your baby and lose myself in your words.

I wish you all the success that this world has to offer, and I am there at the front of the crowd applauding your amazing accomplishments. Well done, Karen. Big hugs!
Thank you so much, Leah. You are so sweet !!
Chrys Fey said…
Congratulations, Karen!!! I'm doing a happy dance for you. I wish you much success!
I appreciate that, Chrys. Thanks much!
rhonda said…
Congrats so wonderful.
Thank you, Rhonda, and thanks for stopping by.
angel011 said…
Congratulations! Best of luck with A Groovy Kind of Love!
Shari Pontillo said…
Well done Karen! Congratulations on book 3. Reading book 3 begins today!
Teresa Mungo said…
Love your books! It was really cool to share your book Until my Soul Gets It Right with my book club. And had the pleasure of face timing with us!! Looking forward to reading your new book during summer break !
angel011: Thank you so much for your wishes. Happy New Year!

Shari: Awesome! Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

Terri: I had a great time talking with your book club. Great to hear from you. Thanks!
?wazithinkin said…
Wishing you all kinds of luck with this series, Ms. Bermer. I have the first two books and hope to find the time to read them. BigAl keeps me pretty busy. LOL!
Thank you so much, ?wazithinkin . I read your reviews all the time. I appreciate you stopping by and hope you like them.
ceblain said…
I was so glad to have found out about you, Karen, and to experience your most recent book. Congratulations. I would absolutely love to win a copy of one of your first two books, or any of your other "stop in to visit" prizes. I wish you all the luck there is and I am glad that I found out that I am Melody and march to the beat of my own drum and that is just perfect. :)
Looking forward to getting to know more about your stories very soon. Love the 50's and 60's ear. Lived it and loved it.
Again, happy book birthday!

Cynthia
ceblain(AT)tmlponline(DOT)net
Cynthia, aren't you sweet! Thank you so much for your lovely words. I agree about the sixties, but my father is very glad I was so young during them because he later told me he was certain he would have had to bail me out of jail after many of the marches. :)
Laurie Weatherlow said…
Thank your for the appetizers and drinks. They were delicious :)
I loved the book!!! Thank you for the chance to read it. Posted my review on Goodreads.
I hope I win the first two. I can't wait to read them.

You are awesome!
Birdhouse Books said…
I am really looking forward to reading Groovy Kind of Love. It sounds like exactly my type of read!

glindathegood@bellsouth.net
Laurie, you are so sweet. I'm so glad you liked it. Thanks so much for coming to the party. :)
Karen Zaccaria said…
Congratulations on living your dream of being a writer. I'm very happy for you. Here's wishing you much success, good health, joy, and laughter.
I Pinned, Liked, and Shared.
Great, Birdhouse Books. Hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by.
Karen, thank you so much for spreading the word. I truly appreciate it.
Heather Martin said…
Congrats. Hope it does well for you. Can't wait to read it.
JJT said…
Congratulations on the launch!
Thank you, Heather. I appreciate you stopping by.
Kelly Hashway said…
Happy release day! Wishing you many sales!
Anonymous said…
Well done and have a great time with this book.
Clare O'Beara
Me too, Kelly. Thanks a lot.

Clare, I appreciate you coming by. Thank you for your wishes.
Susan Ekins said…
Congratulations on getting your third book out, Karen. Love the Phil Collins clip also.
Hi, Susan. Yeah, that Phil Collins song sure brings me back. Glad you liked it.

Popular posts from this blog

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: 'F' It All

I'm on Location

Editing for Grammarphobes 2.0: Which, What, Who?